School spirit stays strong all year round, but there’s no denying that spring brings fresh energy to NYU athletes. Check out how they run, jump, and spike their way to big wins all season.
1. Volleyball is a fan favorite on the New York City campus, where students come out to cheer on their classmates.
2. There’s no shortage of #VioletPride around here—and when you see this color, you’ll always know you’re on an NYU court.
3. Whether you call it soccer or football, it’s one of the most popular intercollegiate sports at NYU Abu Dhabi.
4. The women’s football team has won the regional championship for three out of the last five years.
5. Back in New York City, members of the track and field team defy gravity on a daily basis.
6. NYU athletes practice hard, but they help one another balance sports and academics, and they have a built-in support network of NYU resources.
7. Teammates know they can rely on one another for motivation and support, and their coaches, advisers, and classmates also have their backs.
8. That’s why recently, almost 100 NYU athletes won All-Academic honors from the University Athletic Association.
9. The women’s basketball team at NYU Abu Dhabi are the reigning regional champions, but to them, community is just as important as performance. NYU athletes know the power of sports to bring people together and teach communication and teamwork.
10. NYU Abu Dhabi students volunteer with children on the Autism Spectrum and their families. Together, they learn through fun by working on basketball, soccer, and swimming skills.
11. Whether they’re breaking a personal record, winning a championship, giving back to the community, or learning how to balance every aspect of their lives, NYU athletes are always pushing themselves to achieve.