At NYU’s campuses in New York City, Abu Dhabi, and Shanghai, students have a range of career-related resources at their fingertips to help them explore their options and prepare for life after college. In addition to resources you can access from any NYU campus or global location—like interview coaching or Handshake, a database of thousands of job and internship opportunities—each center has unique offerings.
The NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development
The Wasserman Center for Career Development has offices at both the Manhattan and Brooklyn campuses in New York City. Through Wasserman, students can schedule one-on-one appointments with trained career coaches, apply for grants and stipends to fund unpaid internship opportunities, search for jobs and internships, and attend hundreds of career-related events that allow them to explore different industries and career opportunities. “No matter where you are in your career journey, the Wasserman Center is excited to help,” says Victoria DiMonica, the manager of undergraduate career development.
In addition to their in-person services and extensive event programming, Wasserman offers a range of digital tools that students can access from anywhere. These tools include:
- VMock—a smart software students can use to get instant feedback on their résumé
- Big Interview—a training course students can complete for practical interview advice; they can also participate in mock interviews related to their specific industry
- Virtual workshops—weekly workshops covering every stage of the job search
NYU Abu Dhabi Career Development Center
The Career Development Center (CDC) at NYU Abu Dhabi offers many of the same programs and services as Wasserman. They support everything from career counseling and applying for global awards to developing strong CVs and meeting industry professionals. They also have a robust mentorship program and a slew of career-related events. Within their mentorship program, NYU Abu Dhabi facilitates connections between students and industry professionals who can provide support, offer advice, and answer industry-related questions.
In regards to their programming, some of their main events include:
- The Opportunities Fair—where more than 80 organizations visit campus to recruit students for volunteer opportunities, internships, and part-time or full-time jobs
- STEM Networking—where students can meet and learn about organizations that emphasize science, technology, engineering, and math skills
- Site visits—where students can visit companies in person to learn more about what it would be like to work there as an employee
NYU Shanghai Career Development Center
The Career Development Center at NYU Shanghai provides comprehensive career guidance to NYU Shanghai students. Similar to the Wasserman and NYU Abu Dhabi career development centers, they offer: career coaching to help students determine their professional goals; personal assessments to help students explore their personality and interests; resources to connect students with alumni in their field; and on-campus recruitment sessions to help students land jobs and kick-start their careers.
They also offer unique resources like:
- Career Action Plan—a comprehensive plan that helps students achieve their career goals throughout their college journey
- I Am Limitless Conference—a one-day spring conference that helps students make important decisions about which path to take in college and beyond
- NYU Alumni Executive Mentor Program—a program that matches NYU Shanghai sophomores with executive-level NYU alumni currently working in Asia